The blog that I chose was from Ms. Cassidy's Classroom. Her class consists of 6 year olds and is based in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. What the teacher does is make an overall classroom blog then has little sections for each child and posts pictures of their work and their progress. I really love the fact that she includes pictures of each individual students work.
To me, this is a great idea to help the kids keep track of what they're doing as well as their parents knowing what is going on in the classroom. It keeps everything organized for everyone overall. I would definitely use this type of blog in my classroom, no matter the age or grade level. If its for older kids, you can use it to help keep the students/parents on track with homework and lessons that went on during that day and for younger students, show off their class work and fun activities they did.
The link:
http://mscassidysclass.edublogs.org/
Courtney, I too looked into this blog and loved it. The way she has sections for each student is a great way to keep the work "on file" for a second look, to share at a later date, as well as to help with grading. I also love the fact that it helps keep the parents in the loop of what is happening in the classroom!
ReplyDelete